CPR and AED Defibrillation Course
Who should attend
The course is for employees who would like to be trained on using a defibrillator. A certificate will be issued on completion of course.
Designed for: All employees
Course duration: Approximately 3 hours
On successful completion, certification is valid for one year
Our course includes:
- Recognition and treatment of conscious/unconscious heart attack casualty
- Demonstrate CPR and discuss the rationale for CPR
- The conditions where AED can be used and what AED does
- Be able to apply the pad in the correct position on a Resus Anne Manikin and connect them to a machine
- Be able to describe the additional items that may be need to apply pads on people
- Demonstrate the correct process for CPR with and AED attached in various scenarios on the machine
We are able to offer a half-day course in Automated External Defibrillation (AED) training which conforms to the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines. This device can be used to administer measured electric shocks during CPR to people in cardiac arrest and is the best way of increasing the chance of survival. The chances of successful defibrillation decline at a rate of 7-10% with each minute. Basic life support may help to sustain a shockable rhythm but is not a definitive treatment. We are also able to offer advice in purchasing the correct equipment for your organisation.
Details & Booking
- Certificate (1 year)
- Course Duration – 3 hours
- Course at your premises - This course can be delivered on site at your workplace or at any convenient training location with suitable facilities.
- Course at your Premises Costs - From ONLY £32 per person plus vat (based on attendance of 12)
- Scheduled courses at our premises - £59.50 plus vat per person
- Please contact us for a no obligation quote as multiple course discounts may apply
- For further information and trainer availability please phone (028)90 452297